- Twin pack of Rockcar Black Polishing Pads for Finishing- Size: Medium Fits 5”/125mm Backing plates Pad Size: 145mmx25mm
- Bottle of Mirror Shine One Step Compound (500ml)
Removes deep scratches and imperfections quickly in one step, leaving an amazing shine and gloss. High cut, extreme high gloss, true one step, no fillers, no silicones, no waxes, no toxic solvents, body shop safe.
This bottle contains millions and millions of tiny grains. But don’t be fooled, this may feel smooth when you rub it between your fingers, but this is a high cut compound up to 2,000 grit that finishes to a high gloss shine. How is this possible?
Traditional compounds normally rely on a larger grit particles to remove major defects, leaving behind marks from the polishing itself. This they overcome by either adding fillers to temporarily hide these marks, or by requiring a second or even third step of finer grit polish to remove the marks from for previous steps. We did not like either of these approaches.
In our testing we found that by making the particles diamond hard, we could achieve high cutting power with a very fine particle size, allowing us to have a high cut compound and polish in one, that did not leave holograms or swirl marks, even with a rotary! It also increased the work time, allowing you to polish for longer, and resulted in a very high gloss shine on nearly all paint surfaces.
Designed to specifically to work with the correct rockcar pad for the softness of your paint. This is critical as the correct pad design can increase the effectiveness of polishing by over 30%.
1. Pads must be matched to hardness of the paint:
a. Hard paint (European) - rockcar blue
b. Standard paint: rockcar purple
c. Soft paint (Asian) - rockcar gold
For deeper scratches sand to 2,000 grit first.
2. Start with 5-6 large pea sized dots, work it into the pad gently by hand or spreader. Recommended speeds: DA /Random Orbital: 2,000-10,000rpm. Rotary: 1,500 – 2,000 rpm
3. Reapply more polish as necessary, typically 1/5 of a bottle per car depending on condition and use. When finished Remove any polish residue with a soft and clean microfibre cloth, like the rockcar Roadie or Pegasus.
4. For best results protect with rockcar future coat.